Since our founding in 1984, Cottrill Arbutina specializes in audit and related consulting services to help clients make better decisions about their operations, finances and profitability. This practice is led by Big Four experience.
Our clients primarily are a variety of governmental, not-for-profit and financial institutions, as well as privately held businesses.
The firm provides audit and management consulting to a number of the top credit unions in the Pittsburgh region as ranked by asset size in the Pittsburgh Business Times. We also serve more than two-thirds of the public school districts in Beaver County, as well as many local municipalities.
Our proven track record of service includes:
- Preparation of financial statements;
- Audits of financial statements;
- Assistance in establishing accounting systems, accounting methods and internal control procedures; and
- Compliance and reporting requirements required by federal and state grants and awards.
We also provide consulting for the following:
- Budget preparation;
- Projections for year-end balances; and
- Assistance with state and federal agency inquiries.
As a service for other CPA firms serving non-profit or governmental clients, which are faced with independence issues involving the SAS 115 “Material Weakness” Rule and FIN 48 implementation (uncertainty for income taxes), Cottrill Arbutina is a trusted outsourced solution that works to the benefit of all parties involved. [ more ]