Cottrill Arbutina provides litigation support services for clients who face the prospect of resolving a dispute in court and need the advantages that an accounting/financial services firm can provide.
The firm has provided support in a wide range of legal issues, involving the following:
- Expert witness for an accounting firm concerning professional ethics and generally accepted accounting principles; and
- Review of depositions for a law firm to determine any violations of generally accepted accounting principles.
The firm’s technical expertise includes the following specialty areas:
- Succession planning – estate and gift planning for owners of small, closely held businesses, utilizing our related business valuation services;
- Economic damages – calculating potential economic damages;
- Matrimonial issues – analyzing and calculating the equitable distribution of complex marital estates in divorce actions, especially when tied to the intangible assets of a business;
- Contractual interference;
- Loss of income; and