Tax Collectors – Real Estate & Other
As a school district or municipality, it is your annual obligation under the Pennsylvania Local Tax Collection Law – Act 169 of 1998 (Act 169) to audit the elected real estate tax collector from whom you receive payments. Not only is this the law – it is your civic responsibility to see that your constituents’ tax dollars are managed wisely and protected.
We are qualified to help you with your real estate tax collector audit needs because:
- We have more than 30 years of experience in conducting audits of local elected real estate tax collectors.
- We currently conduct more than 60 annual real estate tax collector audits.
- We have extensive expertise and knowledge regarding the requirements of Act 169.
- We help school districts and municipalities by providing recommendations for improving or enhancing internal control systems to safeguard taxpayer dollars.
- Audit contracts for municipalities or school districts can be structured to include real estate tax collectors to provide simultaneous audits.
Contact us today and let us know how we can assist your school district or municipality.