Real Estate Professionals
Real estate values are affected by anything from the appearance of the local neighborhood to the health of the national economy. The key to an investor’s success, then, is through diversification and proper planning. Cottrill Arbutina can help.
Our clients’ investments range from single family homes to shopping districts, from owner-occupied to passive, tripe-net lease investors. We work with you from entity selection to final disposition, helping to implement tax strategies and planning for your success.
We have developed relationships with lawyers, bankers, and cost segregation specialists who are integral to the services needed by real estate investors. Our services to investors include:
- Tax planning and compliance
- Entity selection, Tax structuring
- 1031 Like-Kind Exchange consulting
- Tangible Property Regulations, capitalization vs. expensing
- Reporting and calculations of Section 754 basis adjustments
- Planning for passive income/losses, basis, and at-risk rules
- Lease analysis for both landlords and tenants
- Analysis of financing arrangements
- Dealer vs. investor status
- Audit services
- Forensic and fraud investigation services
- Business succession & exit planning
- Outsourced accounting solutions
- Quickbooks® solutions & training
Contact us today to help you with your real estate investment tax needs.